- The magazine has won a prize for being the best magazine of year 2006 under the category: Culture and discovery
I can't argue, it's one of the best scientific magazines for the public.
- The Hors-Série concerning Da vinci's code has already been in the market from the 12th of May, however I can't find it on the Lebanese market! No I wasn't surprised when the Da Vinci's Code banned from entering Lebanon, that was predictable. but this document (Science et vie Hors série I mean) is not defending the Da vinci code, in fact it's reminder that the book relied mainly (if not strictly) on fiction. That all it said, despite it's apparent objectiveness, has no historical founding. So why was it banned from entering Lebanon?
- When The National Geographic issued its May Number about Juda's Gospel, it was distributed without any difficulties in the Lebanese market... I suppose they considered that the National geographic's not as widespread as Science et vie.
- When Science et vie talked about the holy coffin being a total SCAM in July (#1054). The issue was not censored.
But I suppose that the censorship authorities in Lebanon didn't dare to banthe famous science et vie for merely a 16 pages document (it wasn't even à la une).
- When Science et vie talked, in August (#1055), about how believing in God is maybe related to the human biological nature, regardless of whether God existed or not; No one said anything.
But I suppose that there religious ego was appeased by the title of that issue:
Pourquoi Dieu ne disparaitra jamais (Why God will never disapear).
- And finally, when, last month (#1064), Science et Vie talked about the recent wave extravagant fictions regarding Jesus Christ (Descendance, cloning, secret life). This number circulated freely.
One thing I NEED to say: WHY? WHY? WHY?
Why was this Hors Série so mysteriously never distributed?
Why is a scientific analysis so threatenning?
Why is no one finding this odd but me?
Never has anything from a scientific perspective, made me question God. I question God a few years back, and it was because of the picture that the church gave me of God in the first place, I questionned God when I realised that no angel will come down from the sky to safe a child from being raped. Whether Jesus was married or not is meaningless, the credibility of the holy coffin was meaningless.
Yes, they said that God works in Mysterious ways. And yes I don't think I will ever know how God thinks and his plans. But then again, they don't know that either, what gives them the right to about the subject of there ignorance?
What gives them the right to decide I can or cannot read?
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Science et vie
2 points caught my attention while checking this month's number: