This is a response to Kareem's entry (I seriously like this guy, he's so not like the type of arab guys that I dislike)
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as your dinner guest? As your close friend? As your lover?
Dinner guest: My paleontolgie professor, he’s over 60 years old, and makes a lot of excentric jokes, not to mention that he has such a huge general knowledge.
Close friend: I am not sure, any of my friends, none can be called “close friend”.
Lover: Gary, I just need to know the secret of the goatee!
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by five years to become extremely attractive?
I am not sure, I would like to be very attractive, but sacrificing 5 years of my life? I have a very non-attractive attitude I don’t see how can any physical feature help, I am not ugly as I am and attraction is mostly about attitude.
- Would you rather spend a month on vacation with your parents or put in overtime at your current job for four weeks without extra compensation?
- When did you last cry by yourself? In front of another person?
By myself: a few days back when the certain difficulties kind of culminated at the same time.
In front of another person: a few months back when I was suffering from uterine contractions and my brother was there for me, I cried on his shoulder, nothing makes the pain stop like a good doze of serotonin with someone that loves you (it’s usually my mom that plays that role, but last time she wasn’t home).
- If 100 people your age were chosen at random, how many do you think you’d find leading a more satisfying life than yours?
I am not sure, I think that almost 80%. People seem to be so oblivious to the vanity of everything, and they sure seem content with there achievement (my mediocre achievements don’t help at all!). But I strongly believe that I have this impression because I only live my life, I don’t see the internal struggles of others.
- If you had the choice of one intimate soul mate and no other close friends, or of no such soul mate and many friends and acquaintances, which would you choose?
Many friends and acquaintances, I get bored with people. Besides you always need a break.
- Do you think your friends would agree with one another about the kind of person you are?
No we love others for who we are; there fore we give them the faces that we want. None can see me, so everyone sees in me what they want.
- Would you prefer to be blind or deaf?
I have no idea! Both are agonizing
- How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years?
Never had long friendships, probably never will.
- If you could mould to your liking your memories of any past experience, would you do so?
YES! I wouldn’t give him my phone number.
- Would you be content with a marriage of the highest quality in all respects but one – it completely lacked sex?
It would depend on the reason behind this abstention. If it’s for some organic or physiological reason then I am sure we can figure out a solution, not necessarily a solution in order to have sex, but simply to feel beautiful in his eyes. If just has no interest in having sex with me, then I don’t think I can even love him. I am highly physical and sexual, it’s my nature.
- If you were happily married, and then met someone you felt was certain to always bring you deeply passionate, intoxicating love, would you leave your spouse? What if you had kids?
Nah! I can auto-intoxicate myself but I can’t be happy with anyone all by myself.
- Relative of the population at large? How do you rate your physical attractiveness? Your intelligence? Your personality?
(very tough question)
I tend to secretly overrate myself, I do feel superior to all. But to be as objective as I can:
Physical attractiveness: 5/10 (I am so insecure and socially awkward that I look like a freak, even if my physical features themselves are not that bad)
Intelligence: 8/10 (I have no charisma or social science but I do sum enough social imitation and general knowledge to know about almost anything and to analyze almost anything, or at least pretend that I can do so)
Personality:6/10 (I like being constantly cool and calm, but I hate being almost a sociophobic)
- If you could script the basic plot for the dream you will have tonight, what would the story be?
If the question is about what I would like to dream about: I don’t know I don’t see what difference it would make.
If the question is about what I believe I am most likely to have: Sex and college, that’s all I have had in my rare dreams lately.
- While out one day, you are surprised to see your father holding hands with someone who is clearly his lover, he begs you not to say anything to your mother. How would you respond? What if your mother later told you that she was going crazy thinking that your father was having an affair yet knew it was just her imagination?
I am not sure. I can’t just shut up. I’d certainly hate my father and most probably leave the house so that I wouldn’t have to see his face again. But deep inside I’ll always doubt that maybe I misinterpreted what I saw, despite any proof I might have, I’ll keep on questioning my judgment about this. As for telling my mom, I am not sure I’d dare to say it face to face, I’d probably leave her a written note describing what I saw before leaving my home. But it’s certainly be halfway toward death for me.
- If you had to spend the next 2 years inside a small but fully provisioned Antarctic shelter with one other person, whom would you like to have with you?
Why can’t I be all alone with some books?
- You become involved romantically but after 6 months realize you need to end the relationship. If you were certain the person would commit suicide if you were to leave and were also certain you could not be happy with the person, what would you do?
I’d leave him. I was suicidal too, I tried killing myself more than once and I learned many things from that. The first thing I learnt when I was leaving a note to my parents was that it was only MY fault and only MY responsibility. We live for ourselves and we commit suicide for our own failures.
- What was your most enjoyable dream? Your worst nightmare?
None of the dreams that I had in the past years were clearly enjoyable or not.
Enjoyable: I don’t remember how old I was, nothing more than 8 years old. I dreamt that I have a dog (a Saint Bernard) a cat and a mouse. I was helping my uncle building his roof (yes working in the cement and everything). A big guy in a black robe (like a death angel or something) I fight with him or something and he leaves, my pets follow him, I tell them not to but they don’t listen and I’m too scared to follow them. They never come back (in other terms they die). Then the same sequel of events happens all over again (sort of like a rewind), but this time, when they follow the guy I follow them too. Then when we turn around a corner the guy disappears and my pets are saved.
Worst nightmare: I was seven. I dreamt that I was going somewhere but I arrive to a sign that illustrates a witch with a chick inside her stomach (it was still moving inside her stomach), I knew this meant I had to leave but I kept going till I reached the house (it was my house by the way). I don’t know the exact events, but I end up locked inside the house running from one exit door to another and the ugly witch appearing at each door no matter how fast I run.
- If by sacrificing your life you could contribute so much to the world you would be honored by all nations, would you be willing to do so? If so, would you make the sacrifice knowing that someone you thoroughly disliked would received that honor while you went unrecognized?
Sure I would, sacrificing your life is much easier than we might think, it’s living our lives that’s so tricky. And even if the credit will go to someone that doesn’t like me. Who cares, I’m already dead, I won’t enjoy the fruits of my action among humans, and besides I’m Christian, I am supposed to sacrifice in a way that I will never take credit for it, that way my reward with god would be bigger. ;-)
- Would you like your husband to be both smarter and more attractive than you are?
I am not sure I don’t think I can love with someone more attractive than me, I feel insecure with people that are more attractive partners. I am usually attracted to guys with weird looks such as wild hair, rural accent, ugly faces, cute bellies (I have a weakness for guys with bellies, as long as it’s not too much), and finally small penises (I don’t measure the genitals before choosing a partner! But I sort of love the thought of a small penis; and don’t get the wrong idea I was just being bluntly honest)
- You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try and correct the mistake?
Nah, but I would like to get in touch with my biological child, and I would like to raise my biological child but I wouldn’t give away my baby (the one I raised of course)
- When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
myself:a few hours ago.
To Someone: never tried, NO WAY!!!
- Which sex do you think has it easier in our culture? Have you ever wished you were of the opposite sex?
In general it’s the male. No doubt about it. But I think it is only in the extremes that this difference is most important. When a man wants to find love for example, he faces many dilemmas, he is supposed to express a non-sexual attraction. He is supposed to display his love very often to a woman that he doesn’t really know if he loves this woman or not simply because he is not allowed any decent contact with the lady unless he is in a sort committed to her. If the guy wants to help his woman live her sexuality more freely then he will most probably be accused of trying to find a way to fuck her. While having sex it would be pretty difficult for him to please his wife because he either doesn’t know what exactly to do (and the woman will definitely not really help him with that) or he just doesn’t want to sound too sexual! Not to mention all the responsibilities that he is supposed to carry on behalf of his whole family. And so many other things.
24- What are your most compulsive habits? Do you regularly struggle to break these habits?
Terrible lack of concentration in everything I do, biting my lips, anger problems, being moody. I gave up on stopping myself from biting my lips I just keep it under control and within limits. Being moody is something that doesn’t bother me as long as I am not attempting to establish some sort of relationship with others, in that case things will soon degrade because of my mood problems. My anger problem leaves me feeling guilty and I find no way to change it. As for my lack of concentration, I need to cure it if I want to make it through college and to continue with masters or a Doctorat or simply to continue any sort of studies later on.
- Would you enjoy spending a month of solitude in a beautiful natural setting? Food and shelter would be provided but you would not see another person.
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly? Would you change anything about the way you are now living?
I wouldn’t change much in my life. I don’t have any money to spend. I have not problems with anyone. I won’t be more religious, because my problems are with the church, I won’t go to church on Sundays even if I will die tomorrow, maybe I’d go to see the Icons, but not to pray on Sunday. I’ll probably spend the next year crying for never being able to make any change in my life as I had dreamt I would.
- If you knew you would die of an incurable disease within 3 months, would you allow yourself to be frozen within the week if you knew it would give you a modest chance of being revived in 1,000 years and living a greatly extended life?
No, death is a checkered flag, the end of the scary part of existence.
- You are invited to a party that will be attended by many fascinating people you’ve never met. Would you want to go if you had to go by yourself?
I think I’d refuse the offer
- If you were at a friend’s house for thanksgiving dinner and you found a dead cockroach in your salad, what would you do?
It’d be funny, I usually prefer drinking down an ant that’s floating ant in a cup of white milk (it’s too messy to take it out!), but I wouldn’t eat a cockroach, that’s too much for me.
30-If someone you love deeply is brutally murdered and you know the identity of the murderer, who unfortunately is acquitted of the crime. Would you seek revenge?
No there is no point in this, for me anger is a result of my feeling of weakness and vulnerability. I’d most probably find a way to start a campaign and gather people and let everybody know about what happened to my friend.